I've been a freelance business/technical writer since 1987 -- one of my passions is explaining complex concepts in clear language.
Other things I enjoy are the science fiction novels of Iain M. Banks, libraries and reading, 99% chocolate, weightlifting, "The Big Bang Theory," sprinting, cross-country skiing, and (a new interest) rock climbing.
I moved to northern British Columbia, Canada, with my family "just for two years" in 1994. My husband and I are still here, and are so glad we came -- we love the friendliness, the brisk climate, the winter sports, and the wilderness at our doorstep.
Other facts about me:
- Member of the Canadian Science Writers' Association
- Very proud to have completed an outdoor adventure race (Spartan Sprint)
- Serve on the board of the Caledonia Nordic Ski Club
- Aiming to compete as a sprinter in the BC Seniors' Games in fall 2016 (this is the first year I've been the right age, super excited!)
- Enjoy striking majestic poses in the wilderness